Purple Parking Terms and Conditions
Purple Parking Ltd operate our service at Heathrow and therefore the terms and conditions of the car park operator are binding and accepted when booking both the I Love meet and greet and Purple Parking services at Heathrow.
1. The Company's Liability
- Every effort is made by means of trained staff, well maintained vehicles and equipment, security barriers, security fences and security cameras to make the car parks secure and to collect and deliver customers and or their vehicles safely to and from Heathrow Airport or other airports on request. However, parts of the car parks are open to the public and, whilst staff have instructions to remove anyone not authorised to be on the premises, the Company cannot guarantee the security of your vehicle nor its contents nor your belongings nor your personal safety. Customer’s vehicles are fully insured whilst in any car park that is in the company’s control and whilst they are driven on the public highways.
- The Company assumes that you will retain the return instructions/numbered receipt for your car in a safe place ready to present on your return. Accordingly the Company;
- i) Will accept liability in respect of the loss or damage to your vehicle that may arise only where the same is proved and to the extent that it is proved to be caused by our negligence, wilful act or default or breach of statutory duty and only if the damage is reported before you and your vehicle leave the premises or in the case of our Meet & Greet Service before your vehicle is driven away after the Chauffeur has handed over the keys.
- ii) The Company does not accept liability for damage to vehicles or other property arising from acts of nature as the car park's open-air surface operations. Nor will the Company accept responsibility for minor scratches, dents or chips to paintwork. The Company will also not be responsible or accept liability for any visual damage that cannot be seen and noted due to the weather conditions (i.e. rain, hail, snow or frost) or where the exterior of a vehicle is in a dirty state. The Company will also not accept responsibility for damaged windscreens or other glass, other than where the same is proved and to the extent that it is proved to be caused by our negligence.
- iii) The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for any mechanical or electrical failure to vehicles whilst in its custody which includes flat batteries, key fobs, alarms and immobiliser. Nor will the Company accept responsibility for damaged wheels, tyres or punctured tyres, only where it the same is proved to be caused by our negligence where the same is proved and to the extent that it is proved by our negligence, wilful default or breach of statutory duty.
- iv) The Company is unable to accept left-hand drive vehicles or vehicles fitted with disabled controls. In the event of a customer booking the service for one of these vehicles the Company will not accept any liability for any damage.
- v) The Company cannot be held responsible if you lose your return instructions/numbered receipt and this is presented to the Company by a third party who uses it to fraudulently take delivery of your car. Your attention is drawn to this exclusion of liability in our Booking Forms and notices at the car park.
- vi) The Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for delays of its services , caused as a result of circumstances beyond its control such as traffic congestion, road accidents, delayed flights, security alerts, severe weather conditions, luggage delays and immigration delays.
- vii) The Company is unable to accept vehicles that are fitted with a roof luggage box that do not fall under the height restrictions within the airport car parks. In the event of a customer booking the service with a vehicle fitted with a roof luggage box the Company will not accept liability for any damage.
2. Complaints Procedure
- Claims cannot be considered once vehicles have left the premises so please check your car before leaving or in the case of our Meet & Greet Service driven away after the Chauffeur has handed over the keys. Should your vehicle suffer damage whilst in the Company's care you must immediately inform the Duty Manager or the Chauffeur of the alleged damage and where appropriate a Report Form will be completed and dealt with by our Customer Services Manager.
- In the unlikely event that damage is caused to your vehicle through negligence on the part of the Company, the Company reserves the right to undertake repairs to your vehicle on your behalf in a manner which restores it to the condition in which it arrived at the car park. The company will provide a replacement vehicle up to, but not exceeding, a small people carrier, equivalent to a Vauxhall Zafira type vehicle, provided that the customer is able to arrange fully comprehensive insurance cover for the temporary replacement vehicle.
- Our Report Form makes no representations as to the Company's liability. In the event that the customer has taken the vehicle away from the car park, the Company will arrange for an independent engineer to contact the customer to arrange for the remedial work to be carried out by a repairer acceptable to both the customer and the Company. No work shall be authorised without the express permission of the Company. It is a requirement that the repairers will provide a replacement vehicle to the customer at the repairer’s expense.
3. Security of Vehicle and Contents and Baggage
- Please ensure before leaving the car park that all the windows of your vehicle are securely closed, all lights and electrical equipment are switched off and it is locked and the keys are handed over to the bus driver or to the Chauffeur in the case of our Meet & Greet Service. In the case of convertible cars please ensure that your hood is up and secure.
- The Company is not liable or responsible for any loose items allegedly left in the customer’s vehicle. customers should remove any such loose items before leaving the vehicle especially such items as sat navs, loose cash & sunglasses etc, because the Company cannot verify that these items were left in the vehicle.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the driver loads and unloads all of your luggage. The Company cannot therefore be liable for lost or damaged luggage nor for another customer identifying your luggage as their own.
4. Personal Safety
- Please co-operate and obey any instructions given to you in the event of a fire, fire drill or accident. Smoking is prohibited on our buses and in any buildings.
5.Time of Arrival
- You are advised to allow for sufficient journey time to arrive at the car park at least 30 minutes prior to the check-in time, which is normally at least an hour and a half before your scheduled flight departure, given to you by your airline, travel operator or travel agent. In standard road conditions it can take up to 15 minutes to get to some of the terminals but we cannot be held liable for any loss you might suffer should bad traffic cause you to miss your flight. Whilst a map and directions to the car parks are usually provided by way of assistance to you, the Company cannot in any circumstances be held liable for any loss you might suffer should you get lost and miss your flight. The Company’s bus transfer service to the Heathrow Airport terminals operates from 03.30 am.
- In the case of our Meet & Greet Service if your flight is delayed beyond midnight the Company reserves the right to pick you up at the airport terminal in our courtesy bus and drive you back to our car park to collect your vehicle.
6. Courtesy to other Customers
- Please drive carefully in the car park at not more than 5 mph and obey any directional signs. Should you damage another customer's vehicle you are requested to report the matter immediately to a Duty Manager and give him/her the registration numbers of both vehicles. In instances where a customer causes damage to vehicles or property in the car park they will become liable for the damage or loss.
- Remember that your car may one day be damaged so please do as you would be done by. Please conduct yourself in a reasonable manner. The staff have instructions to remove persons misbehaving themselves or where there is a risk someone may represent a danger to other people or to property.
7. Bookings Procedure, Prices, Cancellations and Overstays
- A Confirmation of Booking does not entitle you to any particular space in the car park. Please retain the numbered return instructions/receipt card as proof of your right to drive away your car on return. In the absence of acceptable identification, the Company reserves the right not to release the vehicle. In any event the Company reserves the right to ask to see other acceptable identification before releasing your vehicle if the receipt is not provided.
- Prices may be varied from time to time and whilst every effort will be made not to change prices during a period when they have been expressed to be valid, the Company reserves the right to change prices whether or not it gives notice of its intention to do so. A No-Show fee of £25 will be made for non arrivals or cancellations made within one hour of the booked Meet & Greet time.
- Customers wishing to shorten the length of stay for a booking, once the booking has commenced will still be liable to pay the whole fee for the service booked. Additional days parking over and above the booked parking period will be charged at £9.95 per day or part thereof.
8. Moving and Relocation of Vehicles
- You must ensure that, before leaving the vehicle with the Company that it is in a roadworthy condition, (including tyres which meet the standards required by law), has enough fuel to be driven to the car park or airport terminal and back is taxed and holds a current MOT if applicable. The Company reserves the right to refuse to accept a car into their care which fails to meet these conditions as this could lead to it becoming liable under the Road Traffic Acts.
- The Company reserves the right to move your vehicle to and from any other car park in its control.
9. Liens and Agency
- Every vehicle in the car park or being serviced by the Company is subject to a lien for all charges due or accruing from the customer to the Company, and a general lien for all and any monies due from the customers to the Company, such liens to be in existence whenever the vehicle is in the car park, notwithstanding that it may from time to time have been removed. If the said lien is not satisfied by the payment, within 28 days of notice given by the Company of its intention to sell the vehicle in default of payment, the Company may sell the vehicle by auction or otherwise and the proceeds of sale may be applied to all sums owing to the Company by the customer together with the expenses of the sale, and in connection with such sale the Company shall be entitled to charge reasonable parking charges in respect of the period during which the vehicle is in the possession of the Company. The Company reserves the right to apply to the DVLA for names and addresses of the owner where payment has not been made.
- Any balance of purchase price remaining after satisfaction of such sums shall be held by the Company on behalf of the registered owner of the vehicle. Notice of intention aforesaid shall be deemed to have been properly and sufficiently given by the sending of written notice by prepaid post, addressed to the registered owner at his known address, whether or not the same is actually received.
- Every person who enters into a contract with the Company for the parking of a vehicle in the car park, does so on behalf of themselves and all other persons having any proprietary, possessary or other financial or material interest in the vehicle.
The 'Company' shall mean Purple Parking Limited whose registered office is 55 Baker Street, London W1U 7EU.
The 'Meet & Greet Service' is where the customer drops their vehicle off at the airport terminal and our Chauffeur brings it back to the car park and returns it to the airport terminal either on arrival/return or both.
The 'Car Park' refers to the Purple Parking Car Parks at Bath Road, Heathrow, Middlesexx, TW6 2AL.
11. Variation of the Terms and Conditions
No person has any authority to vary or alter these Terms and Conditions unless such variation is in writing under the hand of the Company Secretary or a Director of the company.