Opening in 1991, Stansted is now the UK's 4th busiest airport which isn't surprising considering its desirable location fewer than 40 miles North-East of London. The Stansted Express takes passengers straight into the heart of the capital in just over 45 minutes making it a hit with tourists and business people alike. Travelling by car is also an easy option with a choice of car parks boasting over 25,000 spaces, including our popular Stansted meet and greet parking services.
Stansted Airport is now owned by the Manchester Airport Group, who purchased it in 2013 from BAA. This hive of travel activity uses a single runway which caters to 131,365 domestic and international flights a year from a host of respected airlines to over 30 different countries. Holiday makers can enjoy trips to destinations such as Iceland, the USA, Croatia, Turkey and Ireland.
- Executive lounges available from the No.1 Lounge and Servisair
- Currency services with bureaux de change and cash machines
- 24-hour left luggage facilities
- An extensive choice of restaurants and shops such as JD Whetherspoon and Costa
- Wi-Fi provided by Boingo (free for up to 60 minutes)
- BP petrol station located opposite mid-stay car park
- Runway length: 3048m
- 125 airline check-in desks
- Providing over 10,2000 people with employment
- 17.5 million passengers pass through every year
- Operates 24 hours a day, every day, with restrictions between 23.30 and 06.00
- Boasts an economic contribution value of £400 million a year
Why not find the best way to reach the airport with our directions to Stansted from I Love meet and greet today?